• Home
  • Walton Priory Middle School


    What is a special educational need? According to the code of practice:

    A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her. 

    A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if he or she: 

    (Special educational needs and disability code of practice: 0-25 years)

    What is the Local Offer?

    The Government set out reforms for special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) to come into force through legislation in 2014.  The Children and Families Bill (2014) aims to improve services for children with SEND. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2014/6/contents/enacted/data.htm

    As part of the changes, Local Authorities are required to provide information of the services available for children and young people.  The purpose of the Local Offer is to enable parents and young people to see more clearly what services are available.


    Please click here to view Staffordshire's SEND Local Offer.